Our experts are prepared and ready
Our physicians are part of VCU Health’s Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. We work closely with all the experts here, as well as many others throughout our entire medical center. Together, we’re building a healthier future for you and your unborn baby.
For healthy mothers and babies, babies with birth defects, high-risk or complicated pregnancies, and everything in between, we’re prepared. We have advanced training in maternal-fetal (mother-unborn child) medicine, high-risk pregnancies and birth defects. And our team also includes a physician who is nationally and internationally renowned for work diagnosing health conditions in unborn babies. Our expertise also includes:
- Board certification in internal medicine as well as obstetrics/gynecology
- Certification in maternal-fetal medicine, by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Special training and experience in using ultrasound to diagnose conditions of unborn babies, and accreditation from the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
- Special training in high-risk pregnancies
- Special interests in research and teaching
- Genetic counseling
- Teaching the next generation of physicians
Meet our Team
- Susan Lanni, MD, is medical director of our Labor and Delivery unit.
- Ronald M. Ramus, MD, is director of the Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine and medical director of OB/GYN Ultrasound.
- Fidelma B. Rigby, MD, is an associate professor.
- Allen Hogge, MD
- Kelley Clark, MD
- Edward H. Springel, MD
- Lauren Vanner Nicely, MS, CGC, is a genetic counselor and a member of our faculty.